Archiving a project creates a Zip file of all the Avid Media Composer project files for a specific project. The project’s media is not included.
User’s shared and private bins are included in the project archive.
Both shared and private projects can be archived.
Create a project archive
There are a number of methods of archiving a project:
Find a project archive
- Mount the project drive on which the project exists.
- Browse to the mounted drive on your computer.
- Open the Project Archive folder on the drive.
- Open the folder representing the date the archive was created. This is in the format
year-month-day, so as to always be sorted chronologically.
- Find the .zip file which is named with the archived projects’ name. The date and time the archive was created is also in the file name.