Before a node can connect to DIVA Server it must first be added to the system.
To register a new Node
- Sign in to DIVA Fusion.
- From the Server menu, click Nodes.
- Click the New Server Node button.
- In the Hostname field, type the name of the computer which you are registering as new Node.
This is the actual hostname of the computer or server on the network.
- In the IP Address field, type the IP address of the new node (optional).
You can leave this field empty. If you leave this field empty, an IP address will be detected on first connection.
- Ensure the Enabled option remains selected (ticked).
- Click the Create Server Node button.
Result: The node is created and the browser displays the node's properties. Much of the information on this page is missing because the node is not yet connected. You can now connect the new Node.