Events fall into one of three levels:
If there is an information level event, this means that something of note has occurred. Users can still use their drives.
If there is a warning, this means that there is a problem that may affect users’ ability to access their drives.
The following is a list of some of the warnings that may be displayed:
- Directory cannot be accessed
- Directory is corrupt
- Directory in use
- Directory not found
- Directory path is not a legal form
- Directory path is too long
- File cannot be accessed
- Job has been running for more than 5 minutes
- Unknown node is trying to connect
- Volume has decreased in capacity -Volume has increased in capacity.
If there is an error, this means that users cannot access or use some or all of their drives.
The following is a list of some of the errors that may be displayed:
- Drive is missing on a node
- MXF folder for a user is missing
- Job has failed to complete
- Job has timed out
- License has been exceeded
- License key is missing
- Node is not on the expected IP
- Node IP cannot be detected
- Node is offline
- Volume is offline